Welcome
Welcome to VoluntaryismUK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

views on the environment

A place to discuss theories about politics, economics, philosophy, history, Voluntaryism, etc

views on the environment

Postby Darryll » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 pm

A friend shared with me his views on the environment and I thought that I'd present it here to see how my response differed to how you might have responded to it Graham.

He said something along the lines of, 'as I've got older I've developed these strong views about the environment and that we shouldn't be allowed to **** the place up. I don't think that I should be able to drive my car. We shouldn't be allowed to drive cars that are capable of causing such damage. I think that speed is the biggest problem. We should only be allowed to buy cars which are designed to be incapable of exceeding the speed limit.'

So, how would you respond to this?
Darryll

Re: views on the environment

Postby GrahamW » Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 pm

I would ask for clarification. Is he saying that the government should initiate violence against car manufacturers? Why? Is he talking about CO2 emissions? Who is being harmed here?
GrahamW
Site Admin

Return to Theory